Tuesday, October 11, 2005

We need Tea Party Ideas

I once planned a fashion show / tea party for 100 women so we had to keep the food simple yet filling. Instead of trying to serve a lot of different items, we opted for serving plates already made up..Each plate had a scoop of chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, 2 cheese straws, a frozen fruit salad square, date nut bread with cream cheese filling and a small cup of mixed nuts. The ladies were delighted with this menu.
The frozen fruit salad is simply fruit cocktail mixed with cool whip and spread into a glass pan. Freeze overnight and cut into squares. Buy the canned date nut bread, cut into slices and add cream cheese (like little sandwiches) The beauty is this can be made ahead of time.
Hope this helps for your next party.

I know our readers are bursting with creative, original ideas. We need your ideas about invitations, decorations, teaware, linens, and more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where on earth did you find the date nut bread in a can? I have been searching for a long time. My dad is craving it and I'd like to get some for his Christmas gift.
michaelsmom979@aol.com

Elaine K said...

I usually find it at Kroger.